AfCFTA ‘ll Reduce Dumping Of Low Quality Products In Nigeria – Minister

July 5, 2021 0 Comments

Nigeria will no longer be a dumping ground for unidentified products from other African countries once African Continental Free Trade Agreement (AfCFTA) is activated.

Minister for Industry, Trade and Investment, Mr. Niyi Adebayo gave the assurance in Asaba as part of activities of a two-day tour of Delta State by the National Action Committee (NAC) on AfCFTA led by the secretary of the committee and senior special assistant to the President on Public Sector Matters, Mr. Francis Anatogu.

According to Adebayo who was represented by the Director of Trade in the Ministry, Aliyu Abubakar, AfCFTA said apart from the fact that the visit was to discuss opportunities abound for made-in-Nigeria products in the larger African market it would provide platform to ensure that every product have origin.

He explained that other countries through AfCFTA, agreed to liberalise 90 per cent of their products to the market. “The remaining 10 per cent is left under special and sensitive products that they may wish to keep. Read More.

Leave a Reply:

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.